If you’re in possession of the gaming-oriented Nvidia Shield Tablet, you may want to check for updates as the company is rolling out the Android 5.0.1 for the tablet.
The update is termed as “software update v2.1” and comes with several improvements and features, such as camera and performance enhancements, memory optimizations and more, to enhance the user experience on the Nvidia Shield tablet.
Here’s a complete list of features and fixes introduced with the latest update for the Nvidia Shield Tablet:
- Operating System update to Android 5.0.1: SHIELD Tablet gets updated to the latest version of Android ‘Lollipop’. This is a minor release which includes a few bug fixes and updates
- System performance enhancements: Improvements in general UI and app responsiveness, including switching between apps
- Camera enhancements: Live HD Effects (HDFX): The Camera Awesome app gets some cool new creative effects for stills and videos. All the effects leverage the power of the Tegra K1 GPU to deliver live-preview and full resolution recording with the effects
- Memory optimizations: Enhanced support and optimizations for memory intensive apps
- SHIELD Power Control Menu: We’ve brought back the SHIELD Power Control Menu, based on community feedback
- OpenGL 4.5 support
- Localization improvements
If you’re a proud owner of the tablet, check for the update on your tablets and let us know if you’ve received it, as well as any other improvements you can notice.
Source: NVidiaFiled Under: Android News, Tablet News, Top News