Hello Games developers of the awesome and soon to be launched No Man’s Sky games has rolled out a huge 824MB day one patch, bringing a wealth of new features tweaks and updates to the game.
The highly anticipated No Man’s Sky game will be launching tomorrow on August 9th, 2016 for Playstation 4 consoles and will be available to play on PC systems a few days later on August 12th.
Check out the trailer below to learn more about what you can expect from the harsh environments within the game and the huge expanse of space that is available to explore.
No Man’s Sky day one patch notes
– The Three Paths – there are now new, unique “paths” you can follow throughout the game. You must start the game on a fresh save, with the patch, as early choices have significant impact on what you see later in the game, and the overall experience.
– The Universe – we changed the rules of the universe generation algorithm. Planets have moved. Environments have changed biomes. Galaxies have altered shape. All to create greater variety earlier. Galaxies are now up to 10x larger.
– Diversity – Creatures are now more diverse in terms of ecology and densities on planets.
– Planets – we’ve added dead moons, low atmosphere and extreme hazardous planets. Extreme hazards include blizzards and dust storms.
– Atmosphere – space, night time and day skies are now 4x more varied due to new atmospheric system, which refracts light more accurately to allow for more intense sunsets.
– Planet rotation – play testing has made it obvious people are struggling to adjust to this during play so it’s effects have been reduced further…
– Terrain generation – caves up to 128m tall are now possible. Geometric anomalies have been added. Underwater erosion now leads to more interesting sea beds.
– Ship diversity – a wider variety of ships appear per star system, and are available to purchase. Cargo and installed technology now vary more, and ships have more unique attributes.
– Inventory – ship inventories now store 5 times more resources per slot. Suit inventories now store 2.5 times more per slot. This encourages exploration and gives freedom from the beginning. We’re probably going to increase this even further in the next update, for people in the latter game phases, and will allow greater trading potential.
– Trading – trading is deeper. Star systems and planets each have their own wants and needs, based off a galactic economy. Observing these is the key to successful trading. We still working on adjusting this based on how everyone plays, but all trading values have been rebalanced across the galaxy, giving a greater depth. A bunch of trade exploits were uncovered and have been removed
– Feeding – creatures now have their own diet, based on planet and climate. Feeding them correctly will yield different results per species, such as mining for you, protecting the player, becoming pets, alerting you to rare loot or pooping valuable resources.
– Survival – recharging hazard protection requires rare resources, making shielding shards useful again. Storms can be deadly.Hazard protection and suit upgrades have been added. Liquids are often more dangerous
– Graphical effects – Lighting and texture resolution have been improved. Shadow quality has doubled. Temporal AA didn’t make it in time, but it’s so close
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.