Ring has announced their second generation Ring Video Doorbell and this new device gets a number of upgrades over the original.
The new Ring Video Doorbell comes with the ability to record Full HD video in 1080-p and it also comes with a removable rechargeable battery.
Over 1 million users, who we call ‘Ring Neighbors’, trust our innovative and industry-first security products to reduce neighborhood crime in a meaningful way,” said Jamie Siminoff, founder and chief inventor of Ring. “With Ring, homeowners have stopped burglars and package thieves, kept an eye on their property when they’re not home, and communicated with family members and visitors at their doorstep. Continuously inventing is core to the execution of our mission ‘to reduce crime in neighborhoods’ and today’s launch of the second generation
Here are some of the specifications:
- Removable, rechargeable battery pack (charged through micro-USB port; micro-USB cable included with purchase)
- 1080p HD video
- Two-way audio
- Connects to existing doorbell (8-24VAC)
- 180-degree horizontal motion detection angle
- 160-degree field of view
- Compatible with 802.11 b/g/n (2.4GHz)
- Improved night vision
- Lifetime purchase protection
- Familiar, sleek design
- Interchangeable faceplates
You can find out more details about the Ring Video Doorbell 2 over at Ring at the link below, the device is available in the US for $199.