Microsoft has revealed two new additions to its Sidewinder Range, the Sidewinder x5 mouse and the Sidewinder x6 Keyboard.
The Sidewinder X6 keyboard features a switchable keypad, which can be connected to either side of the keyboard.
There is also a mode switching feature which lets you switch the keyboard from standard mode to one of the two gaming modes.
Here’s the specs.
- Switchable key pad – Flexible design, choose right side or left side configuration. Switch between standard key pad and macro pad in gaming mode.
- Two-color adjustable backlighting dial – Keyboard keys are red, and key pad and Macro keys are amber in Game mode. Lighting dial adjusts the brightness of the keyboard and key pad.
- Macro keys – Up to 30 programmable keys that can allow up to 90 programmable options with an assigned gaming profile.
- Mode switching – Manually toggle the keyboard from standard mode to either of two gaming modes. LEDs show the selected mode.
- Cruise Control – Use Cruise Control to continue an action without having to hold down the key or keys assigned to the action. You can use Cruise Control with up to four keys at a time.* (* Cruise Control does not work with programmable macro keys.)
- In-game macro record button – Record any sequence of keystrokes”even standard chat messages. Macros are stored on your hard drive and can be easily shared.
- Automatic profile Switching – When a game or application profile is assigned using the software, the keyboard detects the game or application you are running and applies your custom profile to the application.
- WASD gaming keys – Have front-face lighting for enhanced visibility.
- Media keys – Play/Pause, Previous Track, Next Track, and Mute.
The SideWinder X5 features 9 buttons 5 of which are fully customizable and there is even a quick launch button which gives one touch acess to the Vista Games Explorer.
The X5 features a resolution of 2,000 DPI and has a built in laser tracking engine which allows gamers to choose from 6 dpi settings.
You can also switch between low, medium and high sensitivity with one click.
Here’s the specs.
- 2000 DPI laser tracking engine – Enjoy fast and furious gaming action with high performance laser tracking.
- On-the-Fly DPI Switching – Switch from low DPI for accuracy or high DPI for fast movement. Three buttons instantly switch between 400, 800, and 2000 DPI – or you can customize settings using special software.
- 5 programmable main buttons –
- Map your favorite gaming actions. Customize your main gaming buttons to your preference.
- Macros – Customized spells and action movements are easy. Included software lets you create and assign macros for enhanced programmability.
- Vertical side buttons – Dont make mistakes. The top/bottom design makes locating the side buttons easier and reduces the inadvertent actuation risk.
- Engineered for Speed – Right-handed shape designed for quick, balanced, precise gaming action.
- RESOLUTION: 2000 DPI laser
- IMAGE PROCESSING: 7080 frames per second
- MAX ACCELERATION: 20 G
- MAX SPEED: 45+ inches per second
- USB REPORTING: Full-speed, 500 Hz
- BUTTONS (Left/Right): Rated to 10 million clicks
- Quick Launch Button
- One-touch access to Microsoft PC Gaming features.
- Quick Turn
- Check your perimeter with the click of a button.
- Wide Rubber Scroll Wheel
- Main button life: Rated to 10,000,000 clicks.
The Sidewinder X6 Keyboard will retail for $79.95 and the Sidewinder X5 Mouse will retail for $59.95 and will go on sale sometime in September.Filed Under: Gadgets News, Hardware