United Kingdom-based development team Lucid View have created a new Internet security device which can help add extra protection to your home or business network or any shared space. Launched via Kickstarter this week the team is helping to raise £10,000 over the next 30 days to make the jump into production.
“The internet is fantastic for offering solutions to improve everyday life, but with all online activity, there is also a negative side. Users can encounter opportunities to be exposed to unsuitable and harmful information as well as individuals looking to gain access to your private information through viruses and malware. “
Features of the LucidView Internet security system :
– LucidView is continuously updating the harmful and prohibited website list at all times of the day. Through the vast LucidView network, at any point someone accesses a website across the world, LucidView will automatically scan the website in the cloud through the online portal and deem if this is a safe or inappropriate website*. Once the bots have scanned the site if it is deemed inappropriate this will then be added to the blocked list for ALL users across the entire network connected to LucidView, and prevent anyone if future from trying to access this site.
– Full firewall protection and unsafe torrent downloading protection.
– The online portal enables you to easily analyse all online activity from the past day or specific time set. This allows you to be able to manage your prohibited list easily and review the sites visited through your internet connection if you wish.
– Time control features enable you to monitor and control activity for users – For example, social networks can be prevented access after a certain time to ensure young adults and children have a healthy balance of online activities.
– Fair share bandwidth control – LucidView optimises your connection to enable all devices to have an even share of your internet connection. No longer will someone streaming from Netflix take up all your bandwidth.
Additional home Internet security features include :
Time limits to internet access
Ability to block certain websites
Set schedules for allowing internet access to your children
Provide FairShare bandwidth management
Individual device settings
An online dashboard where you can change these settings
For more details jump over to the official Kickstarter campaign page by following the link below where earlybird pledges are available from £25.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn about our Disclosure Policy.