Check out this tiny palm sized Linux PC from iMovio, the iKit.
The iMovio iKit is designed to be used for IM, web browsing, email etc, it also has built in WiFi, Bluetooth and has a Marvell PXA270 Processor.
The iKit also has a 0.3 megapixel camera, a mini USB port and it runs Linux 2.4.19 kernel, and Qt Software’s QT/E 2.3.8
There isn’t much in terms of memory or storage with a total of 192MB, but there is an SD card slot and the storage can be expanded up to 8GB.
Here’s the full specs.
- Processor — Marvell PXA270 312MHz
- Memory 128MB RAM; 64MB SDRAM; includes 12MB for user data and 23MB for user media files
- Flash expansion– MicroSD slot supporting up to 8GB
- Display — 2.8 inch QVGA (240 x 320), TFT, 260K colors, landscape
- Keypad — QWERTY/AZERTY plus numeric keys; two soft keys; five quick-access keys
- Audio — 16mm monophonic speaker; headset connector
- Camera — 0.3-megapizel fixed-focus; 15fps viewfinder, 16-bit color depth; up to 3X digital zoom with seven steps
- USB — Mini-USB 1.1 port used for charging and PC data exchange
- WiFi — 802.11 b/g
- Bluetooth — Bluetooth 2.0 with EDR
- Status and alerts LEDs; vibrator alerts
- Audio formats — MIDI, WAV, MP3
- Image formats — JPG, BMP, GIF, PNG
- Video formats — 3GP, MP4, and AVI format; 25fps playback for QVGA-size video
- Web software — Opera Mini 4.1 browser; Java (JTWI/JSR75 compliant)
- Email and IM — POP3, IMAP, SMTP; MSN messaging
- PC sync syncs with Outlook 2000/2003 and Outlook Express v6
- PIM features:
- 2,000-record contact list
- 1,000-event calendar
- Media folder
- World/alarm clocks
- Stop Watch/timer
- Battery — 1050 mAh, Li-ion; 3 to 4 hours battery life with typical usage; 250 hours standby time
- Dimensions — 3.7 x 2.6 x 0.6 inches (95 x 65 x 15.5mm)
- Weight — 4 oz (113g) with battery
The Imovio iKit will retail for around £500 about $860 which does seem pretty steep considering the specs.