Google has recently updated Google Drive app for Android, which brings a number of enhancements and bug fixes to the app. As you all know, Google released separate Docs and Sheets app, it seems the company is integrating them with other apps.
Recently, Google pushed an update for Google Drive which asks you to install Docs and Sheets app if you want editing capability in the app.
It does look a little strange since you have to move to a new app to edit the documents. The latest update also added a new file buttong and a new refresh item in the overflow menu. Here’s the complete change log of the updated Google Drive app:
- Rearranged slide-out navigation panel with settings link (no longer in overflow menu)
- Prompts to install Docs and Sheets for editing capability
- Automatically uses Docs and Sheets apps in Drive
- New file button now in overflow menu
- New refresh item in overflow menu
If you’re a regular Google Drive user, head over to the Google Play store and download the updated app. Also let us know about your reviews regarding the updated app.
Source: Android Police
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.