GIGABYTE has this week unveiled a new addition to their range of graphics cards in the form of the GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 AORUS Xtreme Edition 8G. The AORUS is GIGABYTE’s premium gaming hardware range which has been created to compete with the likes of the ASUS ROG series of hardware.
The latest addition to the range has three DP AND three HDMI connectors and one DVI connector allowing for 7 monitors to be connected if desired. With two HDMI connections located on the rear of the card and are perfect for connecting virtual reality hardware.
The AORUS Xtreme Edition 8G GPU will be clocked at 1.784 MHz with a 1.936 MHz boost and the 8GB of GDDR5X memory on the other hand is clocked at 10400 MHz in OC mode and will require at least a 500W power supply to run efficiently says GIGIABYTE.
AORUS provides the total cooling solution for all key components of the graphics card. We take care not only GPU but also VRAM and MOSFET, to ensure a stable overclock operation and longer life. On the front side, the large copper base plate dissipates the most heat from the GPU and VRAM. On the back side, the copper back plate dissipates the heat from the GPU back side. All other key components are taken care of very well by the WINDFORCE cooling module. AORUS ensures the customer a better cooling solution in many ways.
Features include :
– Powered by GeForce® GTX 1080
– WINDFORCE Stack 3x 100mm fan cooling system
– Advanced Copper Back Plate Cooling
– AORUS VR Link provides the best VR experience
– 16.8M customizable color lighting
– Titan X-grade Chokes and Capacitors for Extreme Durability
– Intuitive AORUS Graphics Engine
– AORUS Care provides 4 years warranty (Online registration required)
– Boost: 1936 MHz / Base: 1784 MHz in OC mode
– Boost: 1898 MHz / Base: 1759 MHz in Gaming mode
Unfortunately no information on pricing or worldwide availability has been released as yet by GIGABYTE for the new GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 AORUS Xtreme Edition 8G, but as soon as information comes to light we will keep you updated as always. For more information on the new GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 AORUS Xtreme Edition 8G jump over to the GIGABYTE website for details by following the link below.Filed Under: Hardware, Top News