Mozilla has announce a new free VPN they have created which is now available for free for a limited time in the US only. This Private Network beta release is currently free and available to Firefox for desktop users in the United States and offers the protect of a free VPN while you are connected to public WiFi. The Mozilla free VPN Private Network encrypts the web addresses you visit, stopping eavesdroppers on open, public Wi-Fi from spying on your browsing activity.
“If a Wi-Fi connection is free and open to you, it’s also free and open to hackers. Firefox Private Network is a desktop extension that helps secure and protect your connection everywhere you use Firefox. The ads and prices you see online are often based on your location. Private Network hides your location from websites and ad trackers, making it tougher for them to target you.”
The Private Network extension to Firefox for desktop offer three visible states :
Firefox Private Network is on
– Use Firefox as usual, and your online activity will be encrypted and sent through a proxy service provided by our partner Cloudflare.
Firefox Private Network needs your attention
– Select the icon, and you’ll see a message letting you know if there is a problem with your connection or reminding you to log in.
Firefox Private Network is off
– Your Firefox activity will route directly to the network you are connected to and will not be encrypted or sent through the Private Network proxy service.
Features of the Mozilla free VPN :
– Routes and encrypts your Firefox connection through a secure server. The Firefox Private Network proxy server is provided by our partner Cloudflare. Their strong privacy controls limit what data they collect and how long they keep it.
– Use on any desktop device running Firefox. If your Firefox account is set to sync add-ons, you’ll see the Private Network icon appear in all your toolbars. To enable, just sign in there.
– An extension that works with your Firefox account. To enable Private Network, connect to your existing Firefox account or create a new one. No longer want to use it? Like any extension, it’s easy to remove at any time.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn about our Disclosure Policy.