Photographers looking for a pocket camera that is capable of shooting RAW uncompressed video might be interested to know that this week Blackmagic has announced they have slashed the price of their Blackmagic pocket camera capable of supporting 1080HD resolution capture in 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97 and 30 fps in half for a limited time.
As part of a summer promotion reducing the price from just under $1000 down to $495 until August 31, 2014, or until supplies run out.
The Blackmagic pocket camera features a high resolution 1080HD Super 16mm sized sensor with superior handling of image detail, together with offering super wide 13 stops of dynamic range allows capture of increased details for a feature film look.
Its also compatible with high quality Micro Four Thirds lenses as well as other mounts via common third party adapters such as PL mount and Super 16 cine lenses.
Features include :
– Built in SD card recorder allows long duration recording with easy to use media.
– Open file formats compatible with popular NLE software such as ProRes 422 (HQ) and lossless CinemaDNG 12 bit RAW. No custom file formats.
– Standard connections including mini jack mic/line audio in, micro HDMI output for monitoring with camera status graphic overlay, headphone mini jack, LANC remote control and standard DC 12 power connection.
– Built in LCD for camera settings via easy to use menus.
– Compatible with DaVinci Resolve Lite color grading software.
Blackmagic explains in their press release : “Since its introduction, the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera has been used in thousands of independent films, television commercials, music videos and anywhere cinematographers need a high quality digital film camera in a stealthy super small size.
We have worked hard to set up this exciting special price to allow more people to afford a super compact digital cinema camera that they can personally own,”
Source: BlackmagicFiled Under: Camera News, Technology News, Top News