The BBC has today announced via Twitter that the latest BBC Robot Wars series will be returning to our screens later this month on October 22nd 2017 at 8 PM on BBC 2.
The latest round of BBC Robot Wars includes some updated rules in the trailer embedded below hints at a new feature in the form of “Fog of War”, Together with a new 10 robot Battle Royale mode.
40 teams of amateur robot fighting enthusiasts battle it out over a series of rounds in a huge purpose-built arena aiming to become the Robot Wars Champion. House robotsWe’ll also be making a return in the form of upgraded 741kg Sir Killalot featuring :
▪ A rotating drill lance and jaws which open to 700mm wide
▪ Each arm can lift 300kg (the weight of almost three competitor robots)
▪ Hydraulic claws with 2.5 tonnes of crush force
▪ Super strong Armox armour
▪ Increased speed to 10mph (double previous top speed)
As more information is made available closer to the start of the BBC Robot Wars competition we will keep you up-to-date as always.
— Robot Wars (@UKRobotWars) 9 October 2017
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.