The San Jose Mercury News is reporting that Apple are working on a new service for the iPad and other iOS devices, a newspaper subscription service.
It seems that the rumored newspaper subscription service would work in a similar way that apps does for developers in terms of revenue, Apple would take a percentage of the subscription fee, around 30 percent and the remaining 70 percent would go to the newspapers.
The Cupertino company has agreed to provide an opt-in function for subscribers to allow Apple to share with publishers their information, which includes vital data that news organizations use to attract advertisers, industry sources say.
Publishers “want the data of their customers so they can integrate it into their circulation database so they know who their customers are,” said Fidler, who works with many newspapers.
It certainly sounds very interesting, and would seem like an ideal solution for Newspaper publishers to generate digital revenue, maybe Apple will launch an App for iOS devices similar to iBooks, where you will be able to purchase a subscription to a range of newspapers.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.