And, now, the update is finally making its way to the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 tied to AT&T. The update has began rolling out as we speak and should reach all AT&T users in the next few days.
The latest version of Android 4.4.2 KitKat brings restyled navigation and status bars with improved emoji support and some visual tweaks here and there. It also brings improved messaging capabilities, by giving users an option to select their default messaging application when you have multiple apps installed, such as Hangouts, Viber, etc.
Additionally, users also get an option to open the camera app right from the lock screen, which was missing in the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean for Samsung devices. Here’s a complete list of features and enhancements the latest Android 4.4 KitKat brings for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3, as per AT&T:
- Improved user interface: The latest version of Android includes enhancements such as re-styled status and navigation bars, a new full-screen-immersive mode, color emoji support, improved closed captioning support, stronger security and smarter power use.
- Default messaging app: Choose a default messaging app when multiple messaging services are installed.
- Improved GPS performance
- Enhanced music access: Full screen album art and media controls are available from the lock screen when listening to music.
- Camera access: The camera can also be accessed directly from the lock screen.
- Location menu: An integrated location menu enables users to easily activate GPS and share location details.
- Wireless printing: Integrated support for wireless printing available in enhanced settings.
- New sound controls: Set sound for specific Samsung applications in enhanced settings.
You might have to wait for a few days for the update to arrive, but you can manually check for it from the Settings > About Phone > Check for Updates. Let us know if you received the update on your Galaxy Note 3.
Source: AT&TFiled Under: Android News, Top News