Microsoft has this week released a new separate version of its Xbox One SmartGlass application as a beta development stage release.
Now in addition to both the Xbox 360 and Xbox One currently available SmartGlass, Microsoft has now made available a separate beta build of the Xbox One app for Android, Windows 8 and Windows Phone users.
As you might expect from any beta release Microsoft explains that the new Xbox One SmartGlass app is still a little rough around the edges and may not operate properly or work the way the final release well. Features of the new SmartGlass beta app include the ability to :
– Easily navigate game options so you can quickly get to the full list of Achievements, challenges, and game clips without jumping through multiple screens.
– View recent players to find people you recently gamed with, easily add them as a friend, or issue a rematch challenge.
– Sort the Friends list by online status for a quick view of what your friends are doing.
– View your Activity Feed in a way that matches the view on your console
– Launch an app in Snap from your mobile device, and when you’re done, simply unsnap it.
– Receive Xbox Live messaging alerts on your mobile device, making it easier to stay in touch with friends when you’re on the go.
Source: Android PoliceFiled Under: Gaming News, Technology News, Top News, Xbox