Microsoft has today rolled out a new update to their OneDrive cloud storage service for their Windows Phone smartphone devices bringing with it a number of new features, enhancements and bug fixes.
The new Window Phone OneDrive update brings with it the improvements to the performance of the application that allows you to access files stored in the cloud from your mobile devices as well as desktop PCs and Mac systems.
The Windows Phone 4.6 update sports devices that run Windows Phone 7.5, Windows Phone 8 and Windows Phone 8.1 and is now available to download for free and is roughly 5 MB in size and brings with it visual updates to the file properties page.
“OneDrive is the one place for everything in your work and personal life. It gives you free online storage for all your personal files so you can get to them from your Windows Phone, your computer (PC or Mac), and any other devices you use. With OneDrive for Business, you also get storage for your work files so you can share and collaborate on them with other people at your work or school. “
For more information on the new OneDrive app and to download it jump over to the Windows Phone store website for details. The OneDrive app for Windows Phone features include the ability to :
• Browse your personal files and files shared with you
• Browse your work files
• Upload multiple photos, videos and files at once
• Share personal files by inviting people, getting a link to copy and paste, or sending an attachment
• Move, delete, and rename files, and create new folders
• Quickly get to documents you’ve recently opened
• Pin folders to your Start screen
• Share files to OneDrive from other apps
• Sort files and folders
• Open files from OneDrive in other apps
Source: Phone Arena
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.