Adafruit has announced a new addition to their range of products this week with the availability of the new Adafruit WICED WiFi Feather STM32F205 which comes equipped with Broadcom WICED WiFi.
The new piece of hardware is now available to purchase directly from the Adafruit online store priced at $34.95 and is perfect for any Internet connected projects you may have in mind offering both a powerful processor and a WiFi core.
Adafruit explains a little more about the new WiFi Feather STM32F205 development board :
The WICED Feather is based on Broadcom’s WICED (Wireless Internet Connectivity for Embedded Devices) platform, and is paired up with a powerful STM32F205 ARM Cortex M3 processor running at 120MHz, with support for TLS 1.2 to access sites and web services safely and securely.
We spent a lot of time adding support for this processor and WiFi chipset to the Arduino IDE you know and love. Programming doesn’t rely on any online or closed toolsets to build, flash or run your code. You write your code in the Arduino IDE using the same standard libraries you’ve always used (Wire, SPI, etc.), compile locally, and the device is flashed directly from the IDE over USB.
The WICED Feather has the following key features:
- Measures 2.0″ x 0.9″ x 0.28″ (51mm x 23mm x 8mm) without headers soldered in
- Light as a (large?) feather – 5.7 grams
- STM32F205RG 120MHz ARM Cortex M3 MCU
- BCM43362 802.11b/G/N radio
- 128KB SRAM and 1024KB flash memory (total)
- 16KB SRAM and 128KB flash available for user code
- 16MBit (2MB) SPI flash for additional data storage
- Built in Real Time Clock (RTC) with optional external battery supply
- Hardware SPI and I2C (including clock-stretching)
- 12 standard GPIO pins, with additional GPIOs available via SPI, UART and I2C pins
- 7 standard PWM outputs, with additional outputs available via SPI, UART and I2C pins
- Up to eight 12-bit ADC inputs
- Two 12-bit DAC outputs (Pin A4)
- Up to 3 UARTs (including one with full HW flow control)
- TLS 1.2 support to access secure HTTPS and TCP servers
- On board single-cell LIPO charging and battery monitoring
- Fast and easy firmware updates to keep your module up to date
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.