Those of you patiently waiting for the launch of the first-person co-op horror game The Blackout Club, centred around a group of teenage friends investigating a monstrous secret beneath the skin of their small town. Will be pleased to know it is now available to play on the Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and has now left Steam Early Access via Steam. 1-4 players explore procedurally-generated missions against a fearsome enemy you can only see with your eyes closed. Check out the previously released trailer below to learn more about what you can expect.
“Every night, everyone in town gets out of bed and sleepwalks. In the morning, they wake up with no recollection of what happened or where they were. You and your friends must team up to overcome the powerful forces that are arrayed against you. Using tools such as drones, noisemakers, and grappling hooks, you will outwit and outmaneuver the adults while attempting to obtain and record evidence that will prove what is happening to the rest of the world. With procedural elements that change goals, enemies, loot and more, no two nights in the neighborhood will be the same.”
Features of The Blackout Club include :
– A Modern Horror Setting To Explore: A beautiful and modern neighborhood full of houses, woods, and a very mysterious subterranean network of tunnels.
– Cooperative Gameplay: Drop-in/Drop-out multiplayer sessions for 1-4 players.
– Each Night A New Adventure: Missions are procedurally-generated and vary according to player level and progress. Enemy Patrols, Loot Placement, Mission Objectives, Environmental Obstacles, and other aspects of each night’s mission are never the same twice for a high amount of replayability.
– Richly-Simulated World Supporting Many Play Styles: Players have the freedom to go through the game at their own pace and choose the paths they take through the world. Experiment with different abilities and items to find creative solutions to any problem.
– A Deep Mystery Under The Surface: Though we are a small team, we have decades of AAA experience from before we went independent, and our last game The Magic Circle has won awards for its story and narrative. That being said… with The Blackout Club, we have a few new tricks up our sleeve we think are going to surprise even the most veteran horror game fans.
– Character Growth & Customization: Players get to create their own character and customize them by unlocking new clothing, gestures, and hairstyles. As players level up they will also unlock new expansion slots and upgrade their abilities.
– An Unseen Threat: If players are not careful and draw too much attention to themselves, The Shape will come for them. You’ll need to stick together and look out for one another while it hunts you down. There’s one catch… You can only see The Shape by closing your eyes.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.