Smartphone users interested in capturing and viewing things would not normally be noticed by the naked eye, may be interested in a new smartphone microscope which is capable of providing 800x magnification. The iMicro Phone microscope is small enough to balance on your fingertip and is now available to back via Kickstarter with early bird pledges available from £23 or C$39 or $30. Watch the demonstration video below to learn more about the fingertip microscope and its capabilities.
“Microscopes with excellent performance usually are bulky, heavy and expensive, even for portable ones. We are proud to bring you iMicro, which is a real breakthrough in portable microscopy: it has comparable optical performance to a professional desktop microscope and enables you to carry it with you as easily as you carry your phone. When used with smartphone, it can observe, for example, at full view the apical bud L.S. at a magnification of ~100x, and then in detail up to 800x magnification.”
Features and specifications of the iMicro smartphone microscope include :
– Very high magnification power: up to 800x
– Very low distortion: Comparable to a desktop microscope
– Very high resolution power: Down to 1 micro
– Extremely easy to use: “Plug and Play” with your phone
– Extremely low profile: Size of a finger tip
– Extremely low weight: Only 1.5 gram (~1/20 oz)
– Affordable to every budget: ~1% of the price of a desktop microscope ~
For more details and a full list of all available pledges jump over to the official Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign page by following the link below.