Raspberry Pi enthusiasts searching for an easy way to integrate electronics with their Raspberry Pi mini PC may be interested in a new add-on board specifically designed for the Raspberry Pi model 3 enabling users to learn more about and connect electronic devices quickly and efficiently with GPIOs, PWM and analog ports working at 5V. Watch the demonstration video below to learn more about the raspiPRENDE raspberry Pi board which is being created by Diableco based in Spain.
In few minutes with the raspiPRENDE HAT (HAT=Hardware Attached on Top) is achieved operate and program the inputs/outputs (I/O) more common in Electronics. It’s perfect if you want to learn how to handle LEDs, buttons sensors and basic electronics without the use of wires (there is nothing to assemble or solder). Why have different boards that add functionalities separately? raspiPRENDE includes everything and is as easy to use as Plug and Learn. All basics tutorial examples are available on board directly: LED, button, analog and PWM. A board that connect on top of your Raspberry to tinker electronics things with the included:
• Plug and use: no wires to start using it.
• Physical switch to power off the Raspberry without unplug the USB.
• All ports work at 5V like Arduino environment.
• 2x LED on board as an example of digital OUTPUT.
• 2x Button on board as an example of digital INPUT.
• 1x Potentiometer as an example of ANALOG ports.
• 1x RGB LED as an example of PWM ports.
• DC input to make a wireless projects like robots (maximum recommended: 11V and 2Amp).
For more information on the raspiPRENDE Raspberry Pi add-on board jump over to the official Kickstarter campaign page where the hardware is available to back with pledges starting from €50 and shipping expected to take place during January 2018. If you enjoy building Pi projects you might be interested in our comprehensive list of Raspberry Pi displays, HATS and small screens.