If you have every wanted to take photographs and capture the wildlife around your home, you might be interested in a new wildlife camera kit that has been developed by Naturebytes.
The Naturebytes wildlife camera kit is powered by a the awesome Raspberry Pi model A mini PC and uses the Pi camera module to enable easy motion detection wildlife photography using a self contained unit that is battery powered that inks to a 8800 mAh LiPo rechargeable battery.
The full wildlife cameras kits are available to back over on the Kickstarter website complete with everything you need to get started from £100 with lower priced kist available if you can 3D print your own case.
Features of the Raspberry Pi wildlife camera include :
– HD images, video and slow-motion image capture
– It’s motion sensitive, remote and portable
– It’s a learning tool for key skills in coding, design and natural sciences.
– Upgradeable (eg. link to WiFi to send your instant cam images to your phone).
– Participate in Naturebytes challenges to work with conservationists and help survey and protect important species.
– Join the Naturebytes community, share images with friends and discover which animals have been caught on other Naturebytes cams near you.
– Open and hackable to enable innovative solutions to be developed by the community.
For more information on the new wildlife camera jump over to the Kickstarter website for details and to make a pledge.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.