Instructables user MikB has published the first part of a multi-part Instructables project that shows how to create a portable Raspberry Pi laptop computer system.
The outer casing of the laptop has been created from pine wood giving the system its name, the Pinebox portable computer. The laptop is powered by a Raspberry Pi 2 Model B quad-core single board mini PC at its heart together with a 1280 x 800, LED backlit screen.
The project is still under construction at the current time but progress can be seen in the image below.
Features of the Pinebox portable computer include :
• Raspberry Pi 2 Model B, Quad core ARM, 1G memory
• HD Screen from Cyntech (HDMI 1280 x 800, LED backlit)
• HD camera (front, side and rear) with 2 x LED flash
• Wired and WiFi network access
• 8G system/OS drive (Micro SDHC 8G/Noobs)
• 16G internal onboard storage (USB stick)
• Full size keys, compact keyboard (wired)
• Wireless Mouse LIRC (Infra Red control) Transmitter and Receiver
• Audio Out: Headphone (ext)/Speakers (int)
• Audio In: Line (ext)/Mono Mic (int)
• Approx 55WH battery pack and internal charger
• Flexible recharging/external power requirements
• Custom wooden case
Visit the Instructables website for full details and instructions on how to create your very own.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.