An official Raspberry Pi case has today been unveiled and launched by the makers of the Raspberry Pi single board computer, that comes with a variety of handy features thanks to its removal sides and optional extra HAT lid.
The new official Raspberry Pi case is available to purchase for £6 from the official Pi store element14, or RS Electronics in the UK. Together with MCM Electronics, Newark and Allied in the USA.
“It’s about design, love, attention to detail, accuracy, iteration and overall damn hard work! We think you’ll love this new case as much as we do. It’s functional, it’s very good looking”
Features of the new official Raspberry Pi mini Pc created by the Foundation include :
• Optional clip-on lid provides protection but can be removed if using a HAT
• All primary ports (including microSD) accessible
• Removable side plate allows access to those wonderful GPIO pins
• Snug and secure fit protects your Pi while looking great!
• Anti-slip feet keep your Raspberry Pi stable
• Power and activity lights still visible through the end of the case
For more details on the development and design process of the official Raspberry Pi case jump over to the Pi Foundation website for details.
Source: Rasp Pi FoundationFiled Under: Hardware, Top News