NVIDIA as expected has now made available the new NVIDIA Shield Experience 3.2 Upgrade which brings with it a wealth of new features for the NVIDIA Shield TV set-top box, including the ability for users to watch Netflix in HDR, VUDU in 4K and even install a PLEX Media Server.
Features for the latest upgrade were announced earlier this month and NVIDIA has now released the update together with optimisations for new applications and games.
The main features of the latest NVIDIA Shield Experience 3.2 Upgrade include the ability to now watch YouTube videos in 4K Ultra HD resolution at a smooth 60 frames per second. As well as enjoying Netflix in HDR and media streaming direct from your built-in PLEX Media Server. Allowing you to stream media from SHIELD to mobile devices and even outside the home if so desired.
NVIDIA has also made available the Shields HD transcode technology that allows you to accelerate your media even from network attached storage. Other features and enhancements include :
– Access SHIELD folders from a network PC or Mac and enjoy drag-and-drop file sharing. Enable in Settings > Storage & reset > Access SHIELD folders on PC.
– Mount a network attached storage device (NAS) to SHIELD to access your complete media collection. Stream this media to mobile devices using the Plex app and SHIELD’s HD hardware transcode. Set up in Settings > Storage & reset > Network storage.
– Automatically turn off your TV when SHIELD sleeps. Enable in Settings > HDMI > HDMI-CEC preferences.
– Enable YCbCr 4:4:4 color space for improved video quality on supported TVs. Go to Settings > HDMI > Color space.
– Improves picture quality for RGB TVs
– Delivers the latest monthly Android security updates
– Improves video playback for 23.976 Hz refresh rate
– Improves TV compatibility
For full details on all the new features included in the latest NVIDIA Shield Experience 3.2 Upgrade jump over to the official NVIDIA Shield support website via the link below.
Source: NVBFiled Under: Top News