Anyone who likes 3D printing and is patiently awaiting the launch of the new MakerBot Digitizer which was unveiled earlier this year, will be pleased to learn that Makerbot has announced this week that their new MakerBot Digitizer 3D Scanner will be available to purchase from their site starting next week.
The MakerBot Digitizer 3D Scanner has been designed to be a desktop devices that you can easily and quickly use to transform real world objects in to digital scans which can then be 3D printed.
The design of the new MakerBot Digitizer has changed considerably since it was unveiled, and the wooden case has been replaces with a speak black plastic enclosure and turntable. Makerbot explain a little more:
“It’s the easiest, fastest way for anyone to create 3D models, and we optimized the whole process to work perfectly with MakerBot Replicator Desktop 3D Printers.
– Simple, yet sophisticated software creates clean, watertight 3D models with just two clicks.
– Get a 3D digital design file in just minutes.
– No design skills, 3D modeling or CAD expertise required to get started.
– Outputs standard 3D design file formats that can be modified and improved in third-party 3D modeling programs, like Autodesk’s free software MeshMixer.
– Easily upload your unique scans directly to Thingiverse.com”
Unfortunately no information on pricing or worldwide availability has been released as yet by Makerbot, but next week as more information becomes available we will keep you updated.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.