Makers and hobbyists that enjoys building robotic kit, might enjoy this new Logitraxx tracked robot kit that has been created by Shane Lewis and has just launched over on the Kickstarter crowd funding website looking to raise $42,000.
The Logitraxx has been designed to provide users with a highly configurable tracked robot kit that has been built around the Xilinx Spartan 6 FPGA. Check out the video after the jump to learn more about this robotic kit.
“Have you ever wanted to learn more about FPGAs? Looking for an easy platform to learn FPGA programming? Take a look at the Logitraxx robot kit and see if it isn’t the right project for you. Logitraxx is an FPGA development platform at its core, only with some cool on-board sensors and a motor driver so that your logic creation can drive around.”
Logitraxx robot kit specifications:
– Spartan 6 LX9 FPGA
– 8MB SDRAM onboard connected to FPGA
– 8MB Flash onboard connected to FPGA
– 4MB PROM for FPGA configuration storage
– 40 GPIO (with access to 2.5v, 3.3v, 5v, and VCHARG power input)
– 3 axis accelerometer with i2C interface connected to FPGA
– 18 User definable LEDs, including right angle LEDs for headlights/taillights
– 2 IR Sensor/Detectors in the front connected to FPGA
– Lithium battery charges from USB (can also charge from VCHARG)
– FTDI USB to Serial connected to FPGA (can be rerouted to GPIO)
– USB to JTAG for configuring PROM/FPGA
– 20Mhz oscillator connected to FPGA
– 32.768kHz oscillator connected to FPGA (Save gates by dividing down this clock for slow functions like blinking LEDs)
– Push Button (Momentary) works great as a “reset” or “start” feature.
So if you think Logitraxx is something you would enjoy building, visit the Kickstarter website now to make a pledge and help Logitraxx become a reality.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.