Adding to the ever growing list of Ardunio watches being created a new LED Arduino watch has been created that is powered by a supercapacitor.
The watch has been featured over on the Hack A Day website and can be seen in more detail in the video demonstration embed below.
Super capacitors are new power source, compared to batteries need different charging and power usage. This watch using 6 capacitors because they have better dimensions. Board have high effective step up converter with operation to 0.3V, because caps are are charged to 2.5V and then are discharged to zero.
Features of the Arduino Watch include :
• day of week automatically calculated
• day in year
• week in year
• max. days in actual month
• temperature CPU
• temperature RTC
• now without RTC in timer2 in async mode
• supercapacitor capacity
• RTTTL melody player with nice PWM tones with envelope
• Alarm 1, configurable time, date, days in week
• Alarm 2, configurable minute, hourly beep or time talk
• sunset time for selected earth position and date
• sunrise time for selected earth position and date
• moon phase
• IIC scaner, list address of connected I2C devices
If you found this project interesting why not build your very own Arduino wind speed meter or anemometer to record the wind speed in your area.
Source: Adafruit : Hack A Day
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.