Land Rover has unveiled new see-through trailer concept technology it has been developing that allows the removal or the blind stop created when towing behind your vehicle. Together with a new Cargo Sense App that can be used on your smartphone.
The Land Rover Transparent Trailer system is currently in its prototype development stage and like other we have featured here on Geeky Gadgets combines the video feed from the vehicle’s existing surround camera system.
The Land Rover system utilises the reversing camera and a camera on each wing mirror with a video from a digital wireless camera that is placed on the rear of the trailer or caravan. Watch the video below learn more.
Features of the new system include :
– Makes a trailer or caravan appear see-through when being towed
– Removes the blind spot created when towing, making overtaking safer and help trailer manoeuvring by improving visibility
– Cargo Sense App allows drivers to monitor the status of the trailer and cargo remotely via smartphone
– Sensors on the floor of a trailer could alert the driver if the load is shifting, or if a horse is in distress – reducing the potential for accidents and injuries
– Technology prototype in a Range Rover research vehicle will be demonstrated at the Burghley Horse Trials 3rd – 6th September
For more information on the new Cargo Sense App and Transparent Trailer jump over to the Land Rover website for details.
Source: Land Rover