iMicro C is a tiny smartphone microscope that can be fitted to any smartphone whether it be Android or iOS and offers a fantastic way to explore objects up close. Features of the smartphone microscope :
– Larger working distance ~ 4mm: Versatile for different objects
– Larger field of view ~5mm: Good to observe “large” micro-objects
– Larger depth of field ~0.5mm: Easy to get clear image
– Excellent resolution power: Down to 5 micron
– Extremely easy to use: “Plug and Play” and easy to focus with focus ring
– Extremely low profile and weight: Size on a finger tip and Only 0.5 gram (~1/60 oz)
– Extremely low cost and easy to carry: Credit size PP case
Launched via Kickstarter this week the smartphone microscope is available from C$29 or £18 and worldwide shipping will take place during May 2020. Its developers explain a little more about its inspiration and design.
“Since Antony van Leeuwenhoek invented his microscope in 17th century, there has been great progress in microscope technology. Microscopes with excellent performance usually are bulky, heavy and expensive, even for portable ones. Last year, together with our 4398 backers, we made a huge success on portable microscopy with our first fingertip microscope. Now we glad to introduce a new model of our fingertip microscope – iMicro C. It has simpler design, larger view field, lower cost and more importantly a longer working distance so it is versatile for observing different objects. It is so tiny that it adds almost nothing on your phone but enables you to carry a microscopic tool with you as easily as you carry your phone. In addition, all the items packed in a thin PP case can be easily fit into wallet.”
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.