A new piece of hardware has been created to change the way development is carried out, taking the form of the GIO-1. For new hardware created by L3 Scientific offers general IO coupled with “natural language communication dramatically changes the way development, control and data acquisition” are carried out. Watch the demonstration video below to learn more about the project and the team behind it.
The developers at L3 Scientific explain more about the inspiration behind the GIO-1 and why it was created. “Imagine a device whose connections can transform into virtually any signal function you typically use: analog inputs and outputs, digital inputs and outputs, uart, spi, i2c signals, pwm outputs, etc. Then think if you could use natural language to control these signals by just typing in a terminal or browser statements like “get the voltage on io0” or “connect io7 to uart0 rx”. Finally, add on the ability for the device to communicate by acting as a Wi-Fi access point or as a Wi-Fi client, or by BlueTooth, or over a built-in USB serial connection, or even through serial ports routed on its own signal ports.”
The GIO-1 intends to change development process by providing a range of new possibilities :
– General IO – any IO can be analog IO, digital IO, serial comm lines, PWM, etc. All functions are routed through a crosspoint matrix.
– Natural Language – The command learning curve is removed. Just start typing.
– Communication – USB, Wi-Fi, BlueTooth, serial using HTML requests, natural language, open-source C interface
– Create your own HTML graphical user interface specific to your own application and let the GIO-1 serve it over Wi-Fi
– Ability to customize the open-source code to fit your needs
– Power through a USB port or other 6-24V external supply
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn about our Disclosure Policy.