The team at CyanogenMod has today announced the release of CyanogenMod 13 making it’s now available to download brings with it Android 6.0.1 (r17) features.
Such as the battery saving ‘doze’ functionality and new permissions model together with all the CyanogenMod features you have come to expect. CyanogenMod explains more :
This is the first non-nightly release for CM13, which means this will the first step many of you take into the world of Marshmallow. M brings along a handful of items that will pose issues if you are caught unaware, so in the interest of saving you some potential heartburn, we’re going to highlight that there are a couple of different update scenarios applicable.
CM13 Changelog (the big stuff):
A delta between 12.1 and 13.0 will show thousands of changes (Google’s, Qualcomms’s, Linux Foundation, CM Community’s, etc), but let’s take a look at the ones that you are likely to notice:
– Whisperpush capability (encrypted SMS) – removed
– Removed from CM software globally, no replacement
– Settings > About phone > Advanced mode – removed.
– New behavior is to show all settings at all times.
– Settings > Notification Drawer > Quick Settings – removed
– New behavior is to control layout and options directly via QS panel via ‘edit’ tile or long-press of settings gear in the pull down area
– QS panel configuration items such as ‘enlarge first row’ and ‘show weather’ now present on leftmost QS pane while in edit mode.
– ‘Advanced location settings’ renamed to ‘Tri-state location’
– Settings > Status bar
– New controls for ‘Status bar icons’ (repurposing of SystemUI tuner from AOSP)
For more information on the new CyanogenMod 13 release jump over to the CyanogenMod website for details via the link below.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.