The BlackBerry Priv comes with Google’s Android OS, the device will also feature additional security from BlackBerry.
Now BlackBerry has revealed some more information on how its security will work on the Priv and on Google’s Android platform.
You can see a list of the security features below that have been incorporated in the new Priv handset.
- BlackBerry’s Hardware Root of Trust, a unique manufacturing process that injects cryptographic keys into the device hardware, providing a secure foundation for the entire platform.
- Verified Boot and Secure Bootchain, which uses the embedded keys to verify every layer of the device from hardware to OS to applications in order to make sure they haven’t been tampered with.
- A hardened Linux kernel with numerous patches and configuration changes to improve security.
- FIPS 140-2 compliant full disk encryption on by default to protect your privacy.
- The BlackBerry Infrastructure, a secure distributed global network that transmits petabytes of encrypted data to and from the world’s most powerful leaders and professionals.
- BES12, the leading Enterprise Mobility Management platform used by the world’s most powerful governments and corporations.
You can find out more details about the security on the new BlackBerry Priv smartphone at the link below, the handset is expected to go on sale next month.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.