A new Apple Boot Camp update has been released by Apple this week which has brought with it 64bit driver support for Microsoft’s Windows 7, Windows 8 and 8.1 operating systems.
The latest Boot Camp update is available in two downloads one for the latest 2013 model iMac desktops and MacBook systems version 5.1.5640 and another for all other Apple desktop and laptop models version 5.1.5621.
Boot Camp is a multi boot utility included with Apple’s OS X operating system that allows users in installing Microsoft Windows operating systems on Intel-based Macintosh computers. Apple explains how to install the latest Boot Camp update manually :
– The download file is a .zip file. Double click it to uncompress it if it is not automatically uncompressed.
– Double-click the Boot Camp5 folder.
– Copy the entire contents of the .zip file to the root level of a USB flash drive or hard drive that is formatted with the FAT file system.
– When running Windows, locate the Boot Camp folder on the USB media you created in Step 3 and double click to open it.
– Double click on setup to start installing the Boot Camp Support Software.
– When prompted to allow changes, click Yes and follow the onscreen instructions.
– Installation can take a few minutes. Don’t interrupt the installation process. When installation is complete, click Finish in the dialog that appears.
– A system restart dialog box will appear. Click Yes to complete the installation.