Amazon is thought to be on the verge of launching it very own App Store for Android. Amazons entrance into App Store market is closely follows Verizon’s move to open their own App store.
Information is still a little unclear as to what Android devices the App store will be targeting with its app. But here are the details that are know to date:
- Profit sharing for paid apps will be in place
- A list price will be implemented so you may not sell your app cheaper on similar services
- There will be a $99 developer fee
- If your app is available on other platforms, they will need to be updated on the same time on Amazon’s store
- Apps will only work on devices approved by Amazon
- Amazon has the right to pull any app
- Free apps can be offered
The Amazon App Store when launched will initially only be available in the US.
Via Ubergizmo Via Techcrunch