Adafruit has announced the availability of a new addition to their range of Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) boards with the launch of the Adafruit Bluefruit LE SPI Friend.
The new Adafruit Bluefruit LE SPI Friend is priced at $17.50 and includes a number of great features if you are looking to easily add Bluetooth connectivity to your project or robot.
Features include an ARM Cortex M0 core 16MHz processor, 256KB flash memory, 32KB SRAM as well as :
– Transport: SPI at up to 4MHz clock speed
– 5V-safe inputs (Arduino Uno friendly, etc.)
– On-board 3.3V voltage regulation
– Bootloader with support for safe OTA firmware updates
– Easy AT command set tunneled over SPI protocol to get up and running quickly
– 23mm x 26mm x 5mm / 0.9″ x 1″ x 0.2″
– Weight: 3g
The Bluefruit LE SPI Friend makes it easy to add Bluetooth Low Energy connectivity to anything with 4 or 5 GPIO pins. With SPI, you don’t have to worry about baud rates, flow control, or giving up a hardware UART port. Connect to your Arduino or other microcontroller using the common four-pin SPI interface (MISO, MOSI, SCK and CS) plus a 5th GPIO pin for interrupts (to let the Arduino know when data or a response is ready).
The Adafruit Bluefruit LE SPI Friend is now in stock and available via the Adafruit website.