The Yike Bike is a modern take on that old classic the Mini Farthing bicycle. Powered by an electric motor the 21 pound Yike Bike zips around using a training wheel at the back. Check out the video after the jump.
We were intrigued by creating something that could dramatically change urban transport, enabling city dwellers a fast, safe and easy way to navigate their environment.
The result was the mini-farthing concept and its first expression, the YikeBike. It employs state-of-the-art technology, engineering and industrial design to create a new class of personal transport.
More on the history of the development of the concept can be found at www.minifarthing.com
- Weight: 9.8 kg (21 lbs)
- Frame: Carbon composite
- Price: Between €3,500 and €3,900
- Drive: Electric chainless
- Brakes: Electric anti-skid, regen
- Speed: 20 km/hr
- Power: 1.2 kW, 30min re-charge
- Battery: LiFePO4 – fast charge
- Range: 10 km
- Fold size: Super compact 43 litres
- Seat: Leather super comfort
- Height: 163 cm – 193 cm limit
- Wheel: 20” hubless
- Weight: 100 kg limit
- Lights: Built in LEDs