It’s no secret that Yahoo! is in a serious need of company-wide renovations and restructuring. While its recent acquisitions have kept it in the news recently, the inevitable has finally arrived. Yahoo! has announced that it will be closing twelve properties between June 28th and September 28th.
These closings will likely pave the way for newer properties and help alleviate the amount of money Yahoo! is currently bleeding. You can expect Yahoo! to announce new properties and services in the coming months that will replace the twelve currently being put out to pasture.
The full list of closings includes the following properties and their respective closing dates:
– Yahoo! Axis, June 28th
– Yahoo! Browser Plus, June 28th
– Citizen Sports, June 28th
– Yahoo! WebPlayer, June 30th
– FoxyTunes, July 1st
– Yahoo! RSS Alerts, July 1st
– Yahoo! Neighbors Beta, July 8th
– AltaVista, July 8th
– Yahoo! Stars India, July 25th
– Yahoo! Downloads Beta, July 31st,
– Yahoo! Local API, September 28th
– Yahoo! Term Extraction API, September 28th
Do you think Yahoo! can bounce back? Is the company headed in the right direction, or only making things worse?
Source – Engadget
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.