As we look forward to the consumer availability of the Microsoft Project Xbox Scorpio games console which will be the third announced by Microsoft since the launch of the Xbox One. Digital Foundry has now had exclusive confirmation of the final specifications regards the hardware you can expect to be included in the Project Scorpio console.
Check out the video kindly created by Digital Foundry who explain each hardware component and what you can expect it to bring to the new Project Scorpio console.
Xbox Scorpio specifications include:
• CPU Eight custom x86 cores clocked at 2.3GHz
• GPU 40 customised compute units at 1172MHz
• Memory 12GB GDDR5
• Memory Bandwidth 326GB/s
• Hard Drive 1TB 2.5-inch
• Optical Drive 4K UHD Blu-ray
– The most powerful console ever, featuring 6 Teraflops of graphical processing power, true 4K gaming, and compatibility with Xbox One games and accessories.
– With 6 Teraflops, 326GB/s of Memory Bandwidth and advanced, custom silicon, the Scorpio Engine is the most powerful console gaming processor ever created.
– A first for home consoles, Project Scorpio’s Vapour Chamber uses advanced liquid cooling to ensure the Scorpio Engine stays cool.
– A supercharger-style Centrifugal Fan rapidly pulls in and compresses air to deliver maximum cooling with minimum noise.
– To maximise performance and minimise power consumption, Project Scorpio uses the Hovis Method, a cutting edge digital power delivery system that custom tunes each console’s voltage.
For more details on the Microsoft’s Project Scorpio jump over to the official Xbox website via the link below.