Microsoft has been busy today revealing details about their new next generation Xbox One games console together with details about the new [email protected] Xbox One indie Game self publishing program.
Applications for acceptance into the Xbox One [email protected] program will start from 20th August and anyone can apply, but priority “will be granted… to independent game developers who have a proven track record of shipping games on console, PC, mobile or tablet” says Microsoft.
Microsoft also explained today that they would not be charging any fees for game certification or subsequent title updates. Microsoft explain more about the new Xbox One [email protected] program.
“Developers will have access to the same great benefits that existing Xbox developers have today, including the full power of the console, cloud services, Kinect and Xbox Live toolset such as Xbox SmartGlass, multiplayer, Achievements, Gamerscore and more,” the piece notes. Microsoft offers the following bullet point breakdown of how Xbox One game discovery mechanisms will work:
– All games are located together in the Xbox One Store and rich search scenarios using voice will get results across the entire catalog of experiences.
– Trending keeps your finger on the pulse of what friends and the community are playing.
– Recommendations bring forward new games, based on what you like to play.
– Spotlight showcases Editor Picks for great games across the entire store.
– With Game DVR and Upload, new games will be found as gamers capture and share their videos across the service.
– Achievements and Challenges enable developers and the community to create special events out of games.
Source: XboxFiled Under: Gaming News, Top News, Xbox