Last week, HTC’s Executive Director of Product Management confirmed via Twitter about the status of the update, and that it will roll out next week. Finally, the moment is upon us. All those frustrated Verizon owners who were waiting for the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update for their good old HTC One, it’s rolling out now and you should receive a notification any moment.
The update comes with Verizon Cloud App pre-load, allowing users to backup their data, including contacts, photos, text messages and call logs online. Additionally, the backed up data can be transferred to any new phone, if it’s lost or stolen.
The latest update brings several improvements and bug fixes, along with the new features of Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, including increased charging speed when using Mophie Juicepack power station, removal of ringing tone in the earpiece, improvement to HTC Watch application and more. You can check out the complete change log below:
Key Issues Have Been Resolved
- Increased charging speed when using Mophie Juicepack power station
- Corrected faint ringing noise from earpiece
- Play purchased ringtones
- Connection error fixed in the HTC Watch application
- View the correct date using the all day calendar reminder
- Conjunction words are better recognized on device keyboard
- Backup Assistant performance
Key OS Enhancements
- VZ Cloud App is now preloaded
- Back up contacts, photos, text messages and call logs
- Transfer that content to your new phone or if other is lost/stolen
Just wait for the OTA to arrive, which should happen in the next few days. In case it doesn’t, you can always manually check for the update manually from the Settings app.
Source: VerizonFiled Under: Android News, Mobile Phone News