The USB Fingerprint Security Flash Drive, comes with 16GB of storage, and a built in fingerprint reader, meaning the only way the data on the USB drive can be accessed is if you fingerprint is scanned.
It will let you secured up to 8GB of data with your fingerprint, and you can also encrypt files and folders on your PC which wont be able to be accessed unless the USB Fingerprint Security Flash Drive is plugged in and your fingerprint is scanned.
Here are the specifications.
- Operating System Compatibility: Windows 2000, XP
- USB: 2.0 (backward compatible with 1.1)
- Disk Memory Capacity: 16GB (7.79GB secure data, 7.11GB non-secure)
- Fingerprint Sensor Type: Sweep-type capacitive – Atrua Wings ATW310
- Connection Interface: USB 2.0
- Scanner Specification:
- Resolution: 500 DPI
- Field Size: 124 x 8 pixels
- Gray Level: 256 levels (8 bits / pixel)
- False Rejection Rate: (FRR) 1/1,000
- False Acceptance Rate: (FAR) 1/1,000,000
- Allowable Rotation: Approx. 15 degrees C
- ESD: 15 KV
- Scanning Speed: 1 second
- Matching Speed: < 10ms
- Dimensions: 11mm x 26mm x 76mm (H x W x L)
- Operating Temperature: 0 ~ 50 degrees C
- Read Speed: > 8MB / second
- Write Speed: > 7MB / second
The USB Fingerprint Security Flash Drive is available for £37.85 about $62 from Chinavasion.