A new style of drone has been created by Ascent AeroSystems in the form of the Sprite Drone that offers a very different kind of unmanned aerial vehicle.
Sprite has been constructed to be rugged, portable and practical and is a “tool not a toy” say its creators, watch the video below to learn more bout its features, construction and benefits.
Features of Sprite include a 1080P high-definition video with 2-axis stabilised gimbal together with an intuitive push-button interface lets you leave your tablet computer or remote control radio at home. Its developers explain a little more :
“When we set out to design a new small unmanned aerial vehicle, we were completely focused on two things: portability and durability. That led us to something completely different.
Introducing Sprite. The world’s most portable and rugged unmanned aerial vehicle. Whether you’re an active outdoor enthusiast, a serious professional photographer or a commercial operator who just needs to get a job done, Sprite is as portable and rugged as you are.”
Other features include :
• Enclosed, compact, rugged and water resistant airframe
• Well-proven, fully autonomous autopilot with GPS and inflight telemetry
• Wide range of sophisticated autonomous flight modes including waypoint navigation and “follow me”
• Range of up to 4 miles (more than 6km), depending on mission, equipment and environment
• FPV (First-Person-View) ready
The Sprite Drone project is currently over on the Kickstarter crowd funding website looking to raise $200,000 in pledges to make the jump from concept to production.
So if you think Sprite Drone is something you could benefit from, visit the Kickstarter website now to make a pledge and help Sprite Drone become a reality.