Adafruit are now stocking the new Ultimaker 3 professional 3D printer which was launched late last year and is now available to purchase for $3,750 and comes complete with spools of PLA and PVA 3D printer filament to make sure you are up and running printing your designs straight from the box.
The Ultimaker 3 is available in two version offering either a 215 x 215 x 200 mm build volume of the smaller Ultimaker 3 or a larger 215 x 215 x 300 mm build volume on the Ultimaker 3 Extended.
Ultimaker 3 features include :
• An unlimited number of geometry options thanks to its new dual extrusion system that allows the freedom to produce more complex outputs in a full range of engineering materials, including Nylon and dissolvable PVA, and two color. The impact: design is not constrained, opening up opportunities for experimentation, creativity and innovation.
• High uptime and maximum performance due to material-matching print core design, enabling users to switch cores optimized for Ultimaker’s own industrial-grade materials in seconds. The impact: repeatable, high-quality output is achieved in a low-maintenance environment.
• Enhanced printer automation that eliminates the guesswork from printing prep. Smart material detection through NFC technology, as well as active bed leveling, tunes Ultimaker 3 to the best possible settings for specific materials and corrects level errors. The impact: anyone, regardless of their role within the business or skillset, can produce a consistently perfect model every time.
• Advanced connectivity through integrated Wi-Fi capabilities, in addition to USB and Ethernet connections, results in seamless access across the organization. A built-in camera, connected to open source software CURA allows for remote monitoring of print output. The impact: organizations achieve efficient workflow and access across users.
Combine build and water-soluble support materials to create complex mechanical parts and intricate surfaces or choose to print with two colors. Ultimaker 3’s unique auto nozzle-lifting system ensures a smooth, professional finish with every print.
Specifications of the Ultimaker 3 include :
• Assembly type: Pre-assembled
• Layer resolution: 0.40 mm nozzle: 200 to 20 microns
• Build plate: 20 ˚C to 100 ˚C heated glass build plate
• Build plate leveling: Active leveling
• Print technology: Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM)
• Print head: Dual extrusion print head
• Print core replacement: Swappable print cores
• Build speed: 0.40 nozzle: up to 16 mm3/s
• Print head travel speed: 30 to 300 mm/s
• Feeder type: Dual geared feeder
• XYZ accuracy: 12.5, 12.5, 2.5 micron
• Nozzle diameter: 0.4 mm
• Nozzle temperature: 180 ˚C to 280 ˚C
• Nozzle heat up time: Build plate heat up time: Operating sound: 50 dBA
• System: Open filament system
• Filament diameter: 2.85 mm
• Supported materials: Nylon, PLA, ABS, CPE and PV
• Ultimaker filament: A spool of Ultimaker filament is 750g
• Software: Cura, our free print preparation software
• Supported OS: Free on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux
• Supported file types: STL, OBJ and 3MF
• File transfer: WiFi, LAN or USB
• Operating ambient temperature: 15 ˚C to 32 ˚C (59 °F to 89 °F)
• Nonoperating temperature: 0 ˚C to 32 ˚C (32 °F to 89 °F)
• Input: 100 – 240 V / 4A, 50-60 Hz / 221 W max.
• Output: 24 V DC, 9.2 A
For more information on the new Ultimaker 3 3D printer jump over to the official Ultimaker website for details by following the link below.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.