As expected the new al-metal Trinus 3D printer has now launched on the Kickstarter crowdfunding website and has already raised over $100,000 in just its first day, providing the development team with twice the pledge goal they required with still 30 days remaining on the campaign.
The Trinus is not only a 3D printer offers a desktop manufacturing system that is capable of transforming into a laser engraver in just 60 seconds, as well as providing the ability to create high quality 3D prints from PLA, ABS, PC, flex, wood and most other 3D printing filament materials available on the market.
Watch the promotional video below to learn more about the inspiration, development and design of the Trinus 3D printer. Features include :
– All metal: we are not hiding our moving parts, every component is there. We are the world’s only all-metal 3D printer under $500, with all high-quality aluminum and steel parts — no cheap plastic or even 3D-printed plastic. Trinus is built to last!
– 2-in-1 machine: change your 3D printer in 60 seconds to a laser engraving machine and visa versa. We aim to launch a third head by the end of 2016, and we will continue to expand the family of add-ons using Trinus as a base.
– No filament restrictions: Trinus extrudes PLA, ABS, PC, flex, wood and most other materials available on the market. Every Trinus purchased through Kickstarter comes with premium Polymaker filament, with the option of purchasing more at a discounted price.
– Easy to assemble : with just 11 units, Trinus is designed to be assembled quickly. Someone with no technical experience can assemble our 3D printer in 30 minutes. Other, more expensive printers can have up to 1000 pieces and require days to assemble and calibrate. Trinus is simple.
– Price: with all the features mentioned above, Trinus performs at a level equal to or better than that of most $1000+ 3D printers on the market.
It doesn’t take long for a cheap 3D printer to lose its charm — when you take it out of the box, for instance, and realize you have to assemble a thousand pieces. Or when the nozzle clogs with plastic debris after just a few uses. Or when you realize the printer is too lightweight to print at high speeds. The fact is, most 3D printers under $500 contain flimsy plastic parts and experience technical failures all the time.
Trinus is made with all premium aluminum and steel parts. Not only does it have a metal frame, it also has metal internal components. No loose belts or plastic gears. As a result, Trinus performs at a level far above its price point. By backing our Kickstarter, you’ll be getting Trinus at a special price, and helping us achieve our vision of bringing professional-grade 3D printing to everyone.
For more information on the new Trinus 3D Printer jump over to the Kickstarter website for details and to make a pledge via the link below.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn about our Disclosure Policy.