At CES 2016 this week TP-Link has unveiled the world’s very first router to support 802.11ad in the form of the new TP-Link Talon AD7200 router. Offering users faster speeds up to 7.2Gbps thanks to multiple 2.4GHz, 5GHz and 60GHz bandbands that combine.
The new TP-Link Talon AD7200 is fitted with eight antennas each with its own amplifier together with four Ethernet ports and two USB 3.0 ports. Although the 60GHz band is only available in the same room as it faces issues travelling through walls.
Equipped with 11ac MU-MIMO technology, the TP-LINK Talon AD7200 Multi-band Wi-Fi Router yields 2.5 times better 11ac performance according to latest published IDC Worldwide Quarterly WLAN Tracker Report. Rahul Patel, senior vice president and general manager, connectivity, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. explains :
Qualcomm is continually investing in new, innovative technologies to meet the increasing bandwidth demands resulting from overcrowded networks. We are leading the way with 802.11ac wave 2 with MU-MIMO to improve efficiency in the 2.4/5 GHz bands and now once again are bringing groundbreaking 802.11ad technology to commercial fruition. These technologies combined with the unique features of TP-LINK’s Talon AD7200 Multi-band Wi-Fi Router are designed to improve wireless networking and user experience.
Unfortunately no information on pricing or worldwide availability has been released as yet for the TP-Link Talon AD7200, but as soon as information comes to light we will keep you updated as always.
- AD7200 Multi-band with 4-Stream technology delivers up to 7200Mbps Wi-Fi speeds over 2.4GHz (800Mbps), 5GHz (1733Mbps), and 60GHZ (4600Mbps) bands*
- 60GHz band allows users to stream 4K HD movies in minutes and instantly share thousands of files and photos over an interference-free connection
- MU-MIMO technology enables Wi-Fi for every device with multi-user support
- Powerful 1.4GHz dual-core CPU to enjoy high-speed connections without interruption
- Active 60Ghz adaptive beamforming enables Gigabit performance and dense deployment
- Eight antennas with high-powered amplifiers supercharge your Wi-Fi signal
- Four gigabit Ethernet ports enabling lightning-fast wired connections
- Two USB 3.0 ports to share files, photos, music, and videos across the network
- Beamforming technology to send targeted Wi-Fi signals to individual devices
- Set time limits and block websites through parental controls to keep children safe
- Guest networks provide visitors with Wi-Fi access separate from your main network
- Advanced security encryption to protect your data
- Check network status and adjust Wi-Fi settings from your mobile device (Android, iOS) using the TP-LINK Tether App
- Supports 802.11ad and backwards-compatible with 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.