Previously only available when purchasing the Pro Display XDR, the 32-inch Retina 6K display. Apple has made available the 2m Thunderbolt 3 Pro Cable to purchase separately priced at $129. offering users the ability to use Thunderbolt 3 benefiting from transfer speeds of up to 40Gb/s.
Shorter cables are unable to maintain the maximum speeds over longer lengths, but thanks to active electronics in the tables connectors tables over 1 m in length are available. Apple is not the only manufacturer offering Thunderbolt 3 tables over 1 m in length and Belkin and others offerings are slightly cheaper priced at around $80.
“Featuring a black braided design that coils without tangling, this 2-meter cable supports Thunderbolt 3 data transfer up to 40Gb/s, USB 3.1 Gen 2 data transfer up to 10Gb/s, DisplayPort video output (HBR3), and charging up to 100W. Use this cable to connect a Mac with Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 3 devices such as Pro Display XDR, docks, and hard drives.”
– Transfer data at up to 40Gb/s
– USB 3.1 Gen 2 data transfer at up to 10Gb/s
– DisplayPort video output (HBR3)
– Connect to Thunderbolt 3– or USB-C–enabled devices and displays
– Up to 100 watts of power delivery
– Braided design that coils without tangling
– Thunderbolt logo helps it stand out from other cables
– Daisy-chain up to six Thunderbolt 3 devices
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.