If you work with colours or enjoy including them in your projects you might be interested in a new device called the SwatchMate Color Capturing Cube.
The SwatchMate Color Capturing Cube has been designed to make it easy to capture colour using the small cube device and your smartphone. Allowing you to then use that exact same colour within your projects. Watch the video after the jump to learn more about the SwatchMate Color Capturing Cube and see it in action.
“We were tired of not being able to interact with beautiful colors from the world around us. So we set out to design a simple and accurate way to capture moments of color inspiration. Designers and artists love and work with color. But we also wanted to make something for the little creative inside all of us. Never miss another moment of inspiration again.”
The SwatchMate has already launched on Kickstarter but funding finished on December 20th 2013 but if you missed it you can also grab a start-up edition from the Indiegogo website.
Possible uses include:
– Bringing real-world color straight into Photoshop
– Matching color to paint brands, right there in the app*
– Color-grading photographs based on actual color readings
– Easy spot checks to ensure color consistency
– Helping fashion designers coordinate colorful textiles
– Ensuring that digital color assets pop when printed in the real world”
Source: IndiegogoFiled Under: Concepts & Design, Design News, Top News