The Fraunhofer Institute for Digital Media Technology (IDMT) in Germany has joined forces with the experts at Sennheiser to produce these awesome super slim wall mounted speakers that are less than an inch thick.
“This new generation offers tonal balance and acoustic pressure at a level that will even allow the use in the professional movie or concert segment in the future.
Even if these flat panel loudspeakers are placed directly on the wall or integrated into media equipment or furniture, they can reproduce a frequency range from 100Hz-20kHz,” according to Brix. “This distinguishes our new concept from conventional flat panel loudspeakers that achieve response characteristics at this level only if kept at a certain minimum distance from the wall.”
- Reproduction range: 100Hz to 20kHz (-6dB, half-space)
- Sound pressure level: 88dB SPL/1 W/1m
- Maximum sound pressure level: 94dB SPL/1m
- Total harmonic distortion: 5% at 94dB SPL/1m (100Hz to 20kHz)
- Maximum input power (RMS): 4W
- Rated impedance: 15Ohm
- Inside: (W/H/D): 700 x 500 x 12mm
- Outside: (W/H/D): 750 x 550 x 24mm