Sony has announced that they are starting their first roll out of Android Oreo from today and the handset that is getting the update is the Sony Xperia XZ Premium.
The Android 8.0 Oreo update will bring a range of new features to the Xperia XZ Premium and Sony has also included some new features of their own in the update.
The update includes the following update from Sony:
- 3D Creator – Our acclaimed 3D scanning feature first introduced with Xperia XZ1 and XZ1 Compact. It lets you scan your face, head, food or any object, rendering it as a 3D avatar or free-form image in less than 60 seconds, and makes it easy to share on social media with friends or 3D print
- Predictive Capture (smile) – Never miss an unexpected 🙂 again, as Predictive Capture automatically starts buffering images when it detects a smile (even before you press the shutter button), allowing you to pick the best from a selection of up to four shots
- Autofocus burst – Recognises, tracks and captures sequences of moving objects in sharp focus for blur-free action shots
- Improved sound quality – Tuning improvements to the front-facing stereo speakers, and Qualcomm® aptX™ HD audio**** support for high-quality sounds when using wireless headphones
- App Shortcuts – Re-imagined app shortcuts, which allow easy access to actions menus by long pressing the app icon
Sony has said that it will be rolling out the Android Oreo update for their Sony Xperia X Premium smartphone in phases, so it could take a while for the udpate to reach your device.
If you own the Sony Xperia XZ Premium and receive the Android 8.0 Oreo update on your handset, please leave a comment below and let us know.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.