Photographers who take a lot of their photos using a DSLR camera might be interested in a new camera strap called the Slidestrap which has been created by VU Equipment based in the UK.
The Slidestrap has been designed to hold your camera ergonomically against your body, but enable you to bring your camera up to eye level without the need to adjust the strap in any way. Watch the video after the jump to see Slidestrap in action.
“Traditional camera straps either get caught up on clothing if worn across your body, bounce the camera off your chest if worn around your neck or slip off your shoulder if you’re wearing a backpack or bag. Slidestrap has been designed to avoid all of these situations with a simple, effective yet stylish design.
We wanted a camera strap that wasn’t covered in repeated corporate logos or bright patterns; something that was simple and didn’t require constant adjusting, yet still made from high quality materials. We couldn’t find what we wanted so we designed it.”
Benefits of Slidestrap:
– No adjustment needed between carrying the camera and taking a photo – just slide the camera up along the strap
– Anodized aircraft-grade aluminium mounting plate slides effortlessly along the strap when required, without having to release any fasteners
– Mounting plate ensures the lens faces down to avoid accidental knocks
– Premium, soft cotton shoulder strap is comfortable to wear
– Cross-body strap evenly distributes the weight of the camera
– Slidestrap fixes to any standard 1/4″-20 camera thread and the rubber pad stops the mounting plate from slipping
The Slidestrap project is currently over on the Kickstarter crowd funding website looking to raise enough pledges to make the jump from concept to production. So if you think Slidestrap is something you could benefit from, visit the Kickstarter website now to make a pledge and help Slidestrap become a reality.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.