Skugga Sunglasses offer users a unique tinting system that can be either manually controlled or set to automatic, to make sure that your eyes are always protected however strong the sunlight maybe.
Originally unveiled as an experiment just over a year ago electrochromic sunglasses are now ready for consumers and will be launching worldwide from a number of different manufacturers.
However Skugga Sunglasses uses a slightly different tinting system which has been developed by Sweden’s LC-Tec and uses liquid crystal filters that are integrated into the sunglasses lenses.
The tinting mechanism is powered by a low voltage electrical current that can either be manually triggered all left on automatic to react to incoming sunlight. The Skugga Sunglasses are currently on Kickstarter looking to raise the required funds to help take the concept into production with each pair costing roughly $240.
SKUGGA are sunglasses with dynamic tinting control, letting you live up to your full potential in all lighting conditions. SKUGGA uses an ambient light sensor to automatically adjust the tint to your current environment. In order to get the perfect tint for the situation, you can manually adjust your shades via the SKUGGA-app; simply swipe the controller and enjoy your custom tint.
• Automatically adjusts the tint according to your current environment
• Manually adjustable tint by using the SKUGGA-app
• No buttons or ports – SKUGGA charges through induction
• Sensor to log your daily UV-light exposure
• Frames adapted for the possibility of integrating prescription lenses (RX-able)
• Protects 100 % from UVA and UVB, even when at the lightest tint
Source: KickstarterFiled Under: Concepts & Design, Top News